SIMPLE SKIN CONDITIONS: 4 SURE ACNE CAUSES FOR EVERYONE
Acne skin condition is caused by occurs hair follicles getting plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Pimples are raised red spots with a white center that develop when blocked hair follicles become inflamed or infected with bacteria. Blockages and inflammation that develop deep inside hair follicles produce cyst like lumps beneath the surface of your skin. Other pores in your skin, which are the openings of the sweat glands, aren’t usually involved in acne.
Where am from ,acne and pimples are the same thing.Most people know they are caused by “adolescence” (adole) .If they don’t go away its because your ‘adolescence pimples haven’t gone away’ ( pimples za adole hazijaisha) .This is because acne is common among adolescence and in most cases they fade on their own by the age of twenty. That doesn’t mean acne is tolerated or left untreated .In some people(adults and teens alike ) its a major cause of low self esteem and scarring(from the incessant scratching of the papules).
There are many self-care remedies that can help clear acne.If the problem persists see a doctor. He or she can prescribe stronger medications. If acne persists or is severe, you may want to seek medical treatment from a doctor who specializes in the skin (dermatologist).
For many women, acne can persist for decades, with flares common a week before menstruation. This type of acne tends to clear up without treatment in women who use contraceptives.
Symptoms Of Acne Skin Conditition
Acne signs and symptoms vary depending on the severity of your condition.The major areas to look for acne is on your face ,chest and the back .Lets explore them below;
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Blackheads (open plugged pores)
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
Acne Skin condition Causes
Acne is caused by the following four main factors cause acne.
- Excess oil production
- Hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin cells
- Excess activity of a type of hormone (androgens)
Acne typically appears on your face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders because these areas of skin have the most oil (sebaceous) glands. Hair follicles are connected to oil glands.
The follicle wall may bulge and produce a whitehead. Or the plug may be open to the surface and darken, causing a blackhead. A blackhead may look like dirt stuck in pores. But actually the pore is congested with bacteria and oil, which turns brown when it’s exposed to the air.
Read about THE 3 TYPES OF SKIN here.
What Can Make Acne worse?
- Hormones. Androgens are hormones that increase in boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. Hormonal changes related to pregnancy and the use of oral contraceptives also can affect sebum production. And low amounts of androgens circulate in the blood of women and can worsen acne.
- Certain medications. Examples include drugs containing corticosteroids, testosterone or lithium.
- Diet. Studies indicate that certain dietary factors, including skim milk and carbohydrate-rich foods — such as bread, bagels, and chips — may worsen acne. Chocolate has long been suspected of making acne worse. In kenya foods such as mandazi chapati avocado for some people make it acne worse .
- Stress. Stress can make acne worse.
Read about what-are-whiteheads here .
Acne Skin Conditions causes :myths
- Greasy foods. Eating greasy food has little to no effect on acne. Though working in a greasy area because the oil can stick to the skin and block the hair follicles. This further irritates the skin or promotes acne.For the people who get acne after a greasy take ,its often hormonal .
- Hygiene. Acne isn’t caused by dirty skin. In fact, scrubbing the skin too hard or cleansing with harsh soaps or chemicals irritates the skin and can make acne worse.
- Cosmetics. Cosmetics don’t necessarily worsen acne, especially if you use oil-free makeup that doesn’t clog pores (noncomedogenics) and remove makeup regularly. Nonoily cosmetics don’t interfere with the effectiveness of acne drugs.
Acne Skin Condition :Risk factors
Age. People of all ages can get acne, but it’s most common in teenagers.
Hormonal changes. Such changes are common in teenagers, women and girls, and people using certain medications, including those containing corticosteroids, androgens or lithium.
Family history. Genetics plays a role in acne. If both parents had acne, you’re likely to develop it, too.
Greasy or oily substances. You may develop acne where your skin comes into contact with oily lotions and creams or with grease in a work area.
Friction or pressure on your skin. This can be caused by items such as telephones, cellphones, helmets, tight collars and backpacks.
Stress. Stress doesn’t cause acne, but if you have acne already, it may make it worse.
March 21, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 21, 2020
In “BLOG”Tag : Skin Conditions
Written by Dellah Miheso
Leave a Reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.